Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Horns up!

That's how I start my morning each day. "Hey, get your horns up! Let's go!" Cue the Star Spangled Banner.

In what other profession do you get to hear our country's national anthem and endless Stevie Wonder tunes (well, ok four of them over and over and over again) played live every morning! Some might say it gets old, but I rather enjoy it. It's like I'm in high school band all over again, except I don't have to go to early morning rehearsals or practice :)

This morning I had a few students show up for All-State rehearsal...only 2 of the 6 (ahem you naughty students) but it was fun and productive nonetheless. We have a lot of work to do but nothing that can't be accomplished with lots of practice and hardwork. I'm very excited about both All-State and OPUS this year...we have some really talented kids trying out and I can't wait to see what happens!

Anywho...I suppose I should go guzzle down my coffee and plan for classes today. I'll try to post some youtube links and other things a little later...have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. hey i showed up that morning!! and candice did too which im surprised.. lol... im actually really excited for all state this year and im pumped to reach that A and maybe even higher!!!
    have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete