Friday, September 25, 2009

covers

So I was looking up the song "Feelin' Good" and was surprised at how many different covers have been done in the past! I thought I would share a few examples just so you could compare how artists interpret the same song in very different ways!

1) The Original

Written by Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse, "I Am Feeling Good" was originally for the 1965 musical The Roar of the Greasepaint—the Smell of the Crowd. 




2) Nina Simone

A popular cover is by Nina Simone, an African American singer, pianist, arranger, and composer. 




3) Michael Bublé

Another popular cover today is by Michael Bublé, a Canadian singer and actor.




4) Adam Lambert

On the most recent season of American Idol, Adam Lambert wowed everyone with his version.  I loved it!




5) The Dear Abbeys

A few weeks ago, Mr. Braet recommended listening to The Dear Abbeys, an a cappella men's group from Boston University.  They arrange lots of rock music for all male voices.   They also had a version of "Feelin' Good".





There are tons more out there...these are some of my favs! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment